Friday 22 November 2013

Flash Fiction - Spectre

Oh, dear. I've had this post written for days, and I was really excited to share it with you. Unfortunately, I've been distracted lately because my husband and I are enduring the nightmare that is the home-buying process and preparations for moving house.

Better late than never, I suppose...

I hope you enjoy my little flash fiction. I would very much love to hear your opinion on it.

*     *     *


Spectre


Image copyright 2012 by Stacey Brewer
Trust.

How can you ask it of me after all this time? Every night you call me down the light-tunnel, and every night I fly to you only to be banished every morning. You swear you won't, but we both know you will call me again and again with the same words and promises and the same request: Trust. And you know - we both know - I will come.

Every night I come, and every morning I ask myself why. Why do I keep coming back? Why do we do this over and over again?

As I stand fading like a wraith in the brightening dawn, I have only one answer:

We... were...

                       ...

                             ... so...

                                           ...

                                                  ...

                                                          ... happy...

                                                                              ...



No comments:

Post a Comment