Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wishful Wednesday: The Aroma, by Sofiana Rich

Today we wish to introduce you all to our newest addition in the Imaginarium: Madame Sofiana Rich.  Here is a short selection of some of her writing, and we can expect much more from her glorious mind in the future :)

***

Exactly that. 

It's been a constant smell for 16 years, whether dominant or beneath all the others.
 
Exactly that smell.
Photo found on Flickr. 

It's never had a source. There is no memory attached. Just a phantom, an aroma that appeared, tingling and stinging in my nostrils. I tried locating it, labeling it, researching it, qualifying, quantifying, exploring, loving, and fearing it, none of which ever led me any closer to this moment of revelation. 

Revelation can't be tempted, coerced, or read into being. Now I know exactly what, where and when the odor become lodged in my consciousness. I don't know exactly how I know, but the knowing is exact. I find that I'm exactly amazed. 

This will require re-thinking Everything.




***

No comments:

Post a Comment