Saturday 18 January 2014

What if I told you I had a really weird dream...?

Flying Monkey courtesy of Matt Ostrum,
freelance artist and illustrator and 3D artist
extraordinaire for PDMI Publishing, LLC
What if I told you that I had a really weird dream?

I was one of the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz. Our favorite food was the poppies that the Wicked Witch of the West used to put Dorothy and all her friends to sleep, but we found they were much tastier after Glinda snowed all over them. We were trying to capture Dorothy for the Tin Man because she stole the oil can, but she just flew away in a Delorean.

The Wicked Witch of the West, The Wizard, and the Munchkins were having a Battle Royale WWE style. One of the members of the Lollipop Guild kept shouting "Wooooo!!!" like he was some sort of miniature Rick Flare. The Wizard was yelling, "I am the Wiz, and I am AWESOME!" And the Wicked Witch of the West was screaming, "Excuse me!" as she tossed fireballs at all the little Munchkin houses while she searched for a pair of sparkly, red Toms shoes.

And Kofi Kingston ruled the Emerald City fairly, but with an iron fist because he was the only one who could fly (no hot air balloon required!). He was using the big, giant head hologram to terrorize all the WWE writers because they hardly ever write him a winning match anymore... "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

Eventually, of course, I had to come back home to Kansas because Toto was hungry and poppies weren't really to his liking, and Auntie Em needed me to fly up and get the washing off the line because the Scarecrow was busy in the fields. Something about getting the crop circles ready for the Millennium Falcon's landing site.

Now... What if I told you that there is no such thing as weird in dreams?

The really weird thing would be if I made it all up while I was wide awake.




No comments:

Post a Comment